How it Works
About Self Defense
More people are exercising their right of personal self defense than at any time in our nation’s history!
The news media love to report on the criminal use of guns. But they seldom report on the legal and responsible use of firearms by ordinary citizens. The fact is, as gun ownership has gone up, crime has gone down in the U.S. And one of the reasons is that more and more law-abiding citizens like you are choosing to buy, own, and carry firearms to defend themselves and their family.
- Consumer demand for firearms surged in 2020, with more than 23 million guns purchased in 2020. This represents a more than 60 percent increase over the 14 million firearms purchased in 2019 and was called a “record-breaking” year for the firearm industry.
- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 2020 data currently estimates that 434 million firearms are in civilian possession, with about half, 214 million, of those firearms entering the market since 1991
- Gun ownership is at an all-time high, with nearly 120 million U.S. households owning firearms in 2020. That’s over 1 of every 3 households.
- The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) for new firearm purchases has shown double-digit increases in recent years. A key factor driving this trend is increased first time gun buyers, and more women who are choosing to own or carry firearms. In 2019, alone over 28 million NICS checks were performed.
- The Center for Disease Control estimated a high of 2.5 million defensive gun incidents per year. That’s about 208,333 per month and well over 6,800 per day.
- After many years of legal and political battle, all 50 states now have laws allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms in public.
- Estimates suggest there are over 20 million permit holders in the U.S.